Blog Archive

WDUGT SPOTLIGHT - A Statement Piece







Taken during NYFW, I was originally getting a shot of this girl's cape, but when she mentioned her gifted necklace I asked her to show me and voila: everyone started snapping pictures of it.



I love bold jewellery.  Not just because of the piece itself which is big (excuse the pun), but because it means we can go with a basic outfit. A long dress. A basic T-shirt.  That's it.  Add one standout piece and suddenly you get the 'oooooo WDUGT?' questions.  It's the fastest way to dress up without trying.  Keep everything bare so the focus is on that piece (eg. this neon necklace post).



I found these online to go over plain T-shirts or dresses:



Charles Albert Arrowhead necklace

ASOS Seedbead Tassel necklace

Kenneth Jay Gold necklace (I have a similar in silver like this one)

Pamela Love Tribal Spike necklace

Dannijo Stella Collar

Forever21 has a bunch. Get two and layer them to resemble one piece.



Don't forget street vendors. I've seen some of the best pieces sold on the streets!!