Blog Archive

Denim Jackets and Other Fears

3.13.12a
3.13.12b
3.13.12c
3.13.12d
{Dress: Simply Audrey | Jacket: Similar | Belt: Similar | Bracelet & Watch | Wedges: Similar}



I don't know about you, but there are a select few pieces of clothing that I am traumatized by from my high school days. Jean jackets, denim overalls, 4" wedged flip flops with large faux flowers attached to them just to name a few. Wind suits. I'm traumatized by wind suits, too. These are the things my nightmares are made of. I don't know why but high school kind of ruined denim jackets for me; I've been weary of them since. (We can't even talk about denim overalls. My therapist says it's still too soon.)

But I've been seeing denim jackets everywhere and I knew that I had to take the plunge. So I took the cheap plunge and found this one on sale. So far so good -- I got it last week and I've worn it 4 times since. Fear of the jacket has been conquered. 

It's official -- I'm in that annoying growing your hair out again stage. I feel like my hair says to me every morning: "remember when your hair was cute and short/remember when your hair was long and pretty?" Only a few more years until it's long again. Hopefully overalls and platform flower flip flops will be back in by then.