The Problem with Skirts

2.28.12a
2.28.12b
2.28.12c
2.28.12d
[Tee: Old Navy (Similar) | Heels: Urban Outfitters | Clutch: Similar]

Something about being out of an office setting makes me suddenly feel very dressed up in a skirt. When I would go to my 9 to 5 every day, a skirt was a no-brainer. I almost felt sloppy in pants (because of the impending wrinkles that would occur while sitting all day), so typically all I would wear was a skirt or a dress. But these days I feel like I should be going to the Oscars whenever I put a skirt  or dress on (hence the amount of pants I wear). And yes, this is what I would wear if I was attending the Oscars. Fancy, no? Who am I wearing? Old Navy. 

I used to wear wrap skirts when I was a little girl and they would fascinate me. Mainly because the ones I wore had spandex shorts built into them. This meant no activity was out of question -- if I wanted to play kickball or go down a hot metal slide, then the sky was the limit. Maybe that's my issue with skirts now -- if only they had biker shorts built in, then I'd start wearing more of them.