Blog Archive

Dress Code

4.19.12.a
4.19.12.c
4.19.12.b
4.19.12.d
{Tee: Bloom | Skirt: J.Crew | Wedges: Gap | Watch: c/o Kenneth Cole}

With the exception of one job, I was called into HR about dress code for every position I held from the time I was 16 until now. As a cashier at a drug store in high school, the uniform was to tuck my polo into my khakis, but let's be honest -- that just wasn't ever going to happen. Minimum wage was not worth me looking like a dweeb. (I only lasted 2.5 months at that job. Go figure.) One time in college I actually got sent home from my job because I wore shorts and heels to work. (May I just say I was ahead of my time.) But I have to proudly say that since becoming my own boss, I've yet to be called into HR for violating the dress code. 

Luckily, cute t-shirts and bright pencil skirts are alright in my boss's book. She's pretty cool. She also talks about herself in third person on the internet, so there's that.