Blog Archive

almost there

via Instagram @luluandyourmom

Hey guys... what's new?

I've been contemplating a hair change for quite some time, but didn't have the guts to go platinum until last week. It's not quite perfect (still a bit yellow), but my stylist Adam at B2V did an amazing job taking my previously dark brown and dyed hair to this bleached blonde goodness right here. For those who were thinking of doing the same, I'll break it down for you.
  • Yes, I recommend doing it at a salon. The bleach they use is much safer for your hair and they really do a good job of conditioning your hair through the process.
  • Yes, it is a full 8 hour day with a 15 minute lunch break. I recommend scheduling over the weekend.
  • Yes, it is more expensive than your average single process or highlight job. This is high maintenance hair without a doubt.
  • Yes, it hurts. Well... the roots part at least.
  • Get a consultation with your stylist ahead of time. He or she will be able to tell you right away if your hair is strong enough to do it.
  • Touch-up every 4 weeks. Otherwise, you risk having to re-highlight and re-process what could have been an easy 15 minute job.
  • If you're trying to go for a more silver-y platinum (like me), use a special shampoo called Shimmering Lights or Silver Plus available at most drugstores. 
  • Your hair basically becomes a sponge afterwards so if you're a fan of letting your hair naturally dry, like me, well... plan in advance. 
  • And lastly, condition, condition, CONDITION!