M O N O C H R O M E .

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
(Zara Skirt/Top, Vintage Necklace/Bracelet/Bag, Jennifer Hawkins for Siren Heels)

I don't know if it has something to do with the start of a new year and my 'try new things' mentality but all I feel like wearing lately is simple black and white combinations. This is something my wardrobe usually tries to avoid but at the same time so desperately needs. Of course it had to be Zara who ignited my love affair with monochrome pieces, with this simple black skirt with a cropped front and fishtail back being one of my absolute favourite Zara purchases to date. A simple yet sultry piece that shows the perfect amount of leg and easily compliments a bold red lip and a messy bed hair bun without being too over the top. Sculptured shoulders and cut out detail also help to keep this minimalistic look bold rather than boring (well, I hope so anyway) and have inspired me to work towards building a more balanced and diverse wardrobe this year.

Photos by Luke Shadbolt.