Blog Archive

color me

Inspired by one of my favorite covers of Interview Magazine

So... it's here. My first book for Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. Or rather, my first gift back to the community of fashion enthusiast readers who have given me so much over the past three years. When I think of the two most important moments of my life: the first is the start of this blog, and the beautiful (but sometimes rather tough) journey it takes me on. The second is when I finally embraced myself as a writer (bad grammar and all). And I know, "it's just a coloring book!" But when I think about it... why did I turn to the internet in the first place? Because I had these interests I just had to pursue but was either too scared, too unknowledgeable, or too frustrated to share with anyone else. So this is for the 14-year-old Lulu. The girl who hung out on AOL fashion message boards and devoured "What are you wearing?" threads like it was that unfinished math homework her parents wished she cared about instead. I know there's a lot of you out there. And we hope you enjoy what we've made.

Pre-order now on Amazon. 128 pages. Available in March.