Blog Archive

A Day in The Life

The other day I read a comment that asked me what I did and how I was able to wear some of the things I did. It first made me think -- have I been wearing short skirts again? and then it made me shake my head at myself -- I haven't really been sharing my life with you guys. So for those of you who always wondered, 'what in the world does this girl do all day?' I'll fill in the blanks for you. 

My Day Job // Bloom
Typically I'm up at Bloom every day of the week. (For those new here, Bloom is the little boutique I opened last September in downtown McKinney.) Oh, the stories I collect from day to day-- that could be a blog in and of itself.

After being open for 8 months (to the day!), I think that I'm finally finding a balance of keeping the shop, being a boss and trying to keep with my blog. You'd think taking outfit photos is a no brainer, but sometimes I get so distracted that I don't even open my laptop that day. Don't get me wrong -- I'm still juggling as much as I can and by juggling I mean I throw the balls up in the air and distract you while they all fall to the ground. I've never been good with my hands.  I still get all Kathleen Kelly when I sweep the store or clean the windows. I'm thinking twinkle lights for Christmas this year, too. 

 This week we launched a new collection for the online side of Bloom! 
And yes I modeled for my own store, mainly because I'm the cheapest talent I could find on Craigslist.

1 / 2 / 3 / 4

My Weekend Job // Photographers Skeen
The past few weekends we've been shooting weddings non-stop. Not with guns, mind you as we are not like that. But we shoot weddings as photographers. I am my husband's right hand lady when it comes to photography. My husband has been shooting weddings for about 3 years now and I've been on board with him for about one year. 

 
(I actually took those. Hard to believe right? Ok except the first one. B took that.)

Everything in Between
Honestly a lot of my life is lived out on Instagram. I feel part cool, part lame for saying that but it's true. You want to know about things I eat? Instagram. Things you never care to know about me? Instagram. More self portraits than should be legally allowed? Instagram.

You can find me on the Insta as @KendiEveryday. I like to keep things simple.

And no life recap post would be complete without Hart of Dixie. Every night there is a fine balance of wine, television and Sour Patch Kids to create just the perfect evening. Also, it is my goal in life to be the 5'9" version of Dr. Zoe Hart. 

And that is my life in a blog post. I'm going to go take a nap now.